IDL 8.7.2 Release Notes
See the following sections:
Please see Platform Support for ENVI 5.5.2 and IDL 8.7.2.
New Features and Updates
This section lists the new and updated features in IDL 8.7.2.
- Create multiple browsers within the same widget application.
- Load a page from either a local HTML file or a web URL from the Internet.
- Send data back and forth and receive notifications from the browser.
The new FILLPLOT function enables you to draw a pair of plot lines with the area between the lines filled in. You can create plots with both symmetric and asymmetric fill areas.
IMSL Documentation Added
The complete set of IMSL routines have been added to IDL Help. Previously, all IMSL documentation was available only via PDF. The IMSL topics can be found in the IDL Help TOC under Routines (alphabetical) > Routines: I > IMSL Advanced Math and Statistics, and Routines (by topic).
- The IDL Python bridge has now supports Python 3.6.7
- Switch from Oracle JRE to Zulu OpenJDK JRE
- The JRE library has been updated to version 1.8.0_192
- The libCurl library has been updated to version 7.62.0
- The OpenSSL library within cURL has been updated to version 1.1.0j
- The Xerces library has been updated to version 3.2.2
||IDL crashed trying to use the python IDL bridge with Anaconda 4.5.4 with Python 3.6.5.
||TaskEngine occasionally deadlocked on shutdown.
||PACKAGE_FOLDER failed when calling IPM, /INSTALL.
||NCDF_ATTPUT called with an empty string attribute value generated an invalid HDF5 file.
||MAKE_RT fails on Mac due to permissions on activate.
||REGRESS ignores MEASURE_ERRORS if weights provided as 2D array.
||NCDF_PUT fails if variable is input as a structure.