Digital (Frame Central)
- From the Type drop-down list in the Build RPCs dialog, select Digital (Frame Central).
- Enter a Focal Length (mm) value for the camera or sensor. This field is required.
- Enter Principal Point x0 (mm) and Principal Point y0 (mm) coordinates, which are usually available from the camera calibration report. The default value is 0 for both fields.
- Enter X Pixel Size (mm) and Y Pixel Size (mm) values. These are required fields.
- Click Select GCPs in Display. A Select GCPs in Display dialog appears. See Build Exterior Orientation for the remaining steps.
- If you want to further improve the RMS error of the exterior orientation model, click Select GCPs in Display again. You can add more GCPs or delete GCPs with large errors.
- When you are finished modifying the GCPs, click Recalculate Exterior Orientation in the Build RPCs dialog.
- Click OK. The Scene Elevation in Meters dialog appears.
- The Minimum Elevation and Maximum Elevation fields are initially populated with the range of global elevation values in world_dem (found in the data directory of your ENVI installation path). If you know the elevation range of your scene, you can enter new Minimum Elevation and Maximum Elevation values. These values represent the height above the WGS-84 ellipsoid for the geographic region that the image covers. The minimum and maximum elevations must not be equal for RPCs to build correctly. If they are equal, ENVI will subtract 100 meters from the minimum elevation and will add 100 meters to the maximum elevation.
Click OK. After processing is complete, an ENVI Message dialog appears: “RPCs have been calculated for this file, and the header has been updated.” Click OK.
Once RPCs are computed, the RPC information is added to the input file header so that you can use the file with DEM Extraction.